KnowledgeShare is a co-operative service used by a number of NHS libraries to keep their members informed about new literature in their fields of interest.
Reasons to use KnowledgeShare:
- Users specify their own interests - as broad or as narrow as required
- Taps into a large collection of high-level documents, updated regularly by participating NHS libraries
- You will not receive hundreds of primary research articles
You can join KnowledgeShare by completing the registration form. Email or post completed forms to the Oliveira Library. (Sign up to OpenAthens to access your articles.)
Current Awareness Bulletins
The following organisations produce regular current awareness and evidence updates which you can sign up to directly.
NICE: NICE newsletters - subscribe
CASH: current awareness service for health - can sign up for alerts/newsletter
Kings Fund Weekly Update: newsletter about their latest projects for healthcare improvement - register for weekly alerts
- Guidelines: sign up to email newsletters 'Guidelines Highlights' or 'Guidelines for Nurses Highlights' or 'Guidelines in Practice Highlights'
- Guidelines in Practice: Archive of the print journal of Guidelines in Practice. The latest issue will be available to download as a PDF under the item labelled 'Digital Edition'.
- Public Health Bulletin: produced by NHS libraries in Thames Valley and Wessex
The Oliveira Library also receives evidence bulletins from other NHS Library services which we can add you to a mailing list to receive. Please let us know if you would be interested in receiving regular updates in a specific subject.
Oliveira Library Publications
- Radiology Bulletin
- Pathology Bulletin
- Hospital at Night (coming shortly)
- Finding the Evidence
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for current awareness bulletins or request a current awareness update in your speciality.
Did you know you can create your own own alerts for primary research in your specialty?
Subscribe to feeds or emails for your chosen journals and web sites, or create saved searches in NHS databases to see new articles on your chosen topic as they appear. Registered Oliveira users may ask library staff for 1:1 training to set these up.
The following RSS feeds may be of interest.
Table of Contents Feeds