The Isle of Wight NHS Trust Board consists of Non-Executive and Executive Directors listed below. It is responsible for oversight of all the ambulance, community, corporate, hospital, learning disability and mental health services the Trust provides encompassing:
- Quality and patient safety
- Performance against budgets and national/local targets
- Planning and strategy for services
- Workforce and organisational development
Click here for the individual profiles.
Guidance on observing and asking questions of the Trust Board: The Trust Board meeting in Public of the Isle of Wight NHS Trust is open to the public and press. This guidance tells you about the Trust Board and your rights and is available below
Understanding NHS jargon. The following link provides insight into commonly used terminology used within the NHS : https://www.england.nhs.uk/participation/resources/involvejargon
Questions to the Trust Board from members of the public
If you would like to ask a question on matters relating to the agenda of any Board meeting, please advise the Associate Director of Corporate Affairs of the question by 9am on the Monday preceding the Board meeting by emailing iownt.Questionsfortrustboard@nhs.net. This will enable a comprehensive response to be prepared. You should be aware that it may not be possible for an answer to be given at the meeting due to time or other constraints, in which case written answers will be given within seven days.
Questions may not be answered when the Chair considers that they:
- are not on any matter that is within the powers and duties of the Trust
- are frivolous or defamatory
- are substantially the same as a question that has been put to a meeting of the Trust Board in the past six months
- would require the disclosure of confidential or exempt information.
The Trust's Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions and Scheme of Reservation and Delegation are available below